Michelle & Queso

Michelle & Queso

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Whole Foods 365 - Trackers Crossing South Eastern Australia 2009 Shiraz

Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value
Trackers Crossing South Eastern Australia 2009 Shiraz
Price:  $6.99



Flavor: I wasn't impressed at all at first and actually considered tossing it out.  However, after having the bottle opened a few days, I found it to be pleasant.  I just wasn't able to distinguish any flavors at the beginning.  This is a wine that needs time to breathe (lots of time), so I don't think it will be a contender for serving at the wedding.

Aroma:  Not a wine that you smell and know it will taste great.

Complexity:  Overall, I found it generally flat.  It is supposed to have berry and pepper flavors that I love, but they just weren't that present for me.  Perhaps they were just too hidden.

Affordability:  Definitely a good price, but I don't think I will purchase this wine again.  If I buy this brand again, I will stick with the Cab.

Enjoyability:  Eh.  Like I said, with time to breathe, I found it to be pleasant, but not a winner right out of the gate.

I can't say I agree with Whole Foods' description of the wine either.

An intriguing aroma of violets, smoke and black pepper slips into a balanced, smooth (almost sultry) palate with ripe-cherry and blackberry flavors along with subtle hints of oak. If you're looking for a wine to go with pizza, this could very well be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment